The overall objective of WP3 is to carry out all field trials needed to support phenotyping of existing and improved genotypes and to evaluate the effect of genotype, environment and management (G x E x M) on yield and main quality traits. Relevant data collected during trials in open field and controlled environment will be used to improve and parameterise a crop growth model that will be implemented with empirical and mechanistic relations to simulate the effect of environment and management on quality traits, and further to optimise G x E x M.
Specific objectives of WP3 will be:
- Characterisation of hemp varieties that are commercially available or in the phase of registration to identify their suitability for specific end-use destination;
- Advances in agronomic practices to improve environmental sustainability and technical suitability of hemp cultivation for specific end use destinations;
- Improve and parameterise a crop growth model to simulate and optimise the effect of G x E x M on fibre yield and quality and to aid hemp breeding.
The following partners are involved in WP3:
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Istituto di Agronomia, Genetica e Coltivazioni erbacee (WP Leader)
Contact: Stefano Amaducci, email@example.com
- Fédération Nationale des Producteurs de Chanvre (FNPC)
- Wageningen University
- Hochschule Bremen – University of Applied Sciences/ Dept. for BIOMIMETICS
- University of York
- CRA-CIN, Research center for industrial crops
- Latgale Agriculture Research Centre Ltd